- Industrialization in the Gulf: A Socioeconomic Revolution. Editor and Contributor. London & New York: Routledge, 2010. (Co-editor Mimi Kirk) More info here.
- The Financial Markets of the Arabian Gulf. London: Croom Helm, Limited, 1987.
- “Saudi Arabia and the Middle East: A Comment.” In In the Wake of the Arab Spring edited by Sverre Lødgaard. Scandinavian Academic Press, Oslo October, 2013
- “Political Control in Saudi Arabia: The Avoidance of Democratization” In Modern Middle East Authoritarianism, edited by Noureddine Jebnoun and Mimi Kirk, chapter 7. London: Routledge, 2013.
- “Politics of Oil Supply: NOCs vs IOCs.” In Handbook of Oil Politics, edited by Robert Looney, chapter 4. London: Taylor and Francis, 2011. Chapter Excerpt.
- “The Sovereign Wealth Funds of the Gulf.” In A Political Economy of the Gulf, edited by Mehran Kemrava. London & New York: Hurst/Columbia University Press, 2012.
- “The Gulf Economies and Globalization: The Effects of FTAs and WTO.” In The Arabian Gulf: Between Conservatism and Change, edited and published by The Emirates Center for Strategic Studies. Abu Dhabi, 2009.
- “Changing Circumstances.” In The Gulf Family: Kinship, Policies, and Modernity, edited by Alanoud Alsharekh, chapter 3. London: Saqi, 2007.
- “WTO and the Dangers of Privatization.” In Institutions, Globalization and Empowerment, edited by Kartik C. Roy and Jorn Sideras, chapter 10. Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, 2006.
- “Stirrings in Saudi Arabia.” In Islam and Democracy in the Middle East, edited by Larry Diamond, Marc F. Plattner, and Daniel Brumberg, chapter 8. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2003.
- “Oil & Gas: Fuel for Caspian’s Economic Development.” In The Caspian Region at a Crossroad: Challenges of a New Frontier of Energy and Development, edited by Hooshang Amirahmadi, chapter 5. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2000.